Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Taking off...

For the next 10 days, Don and I are traveling to Bad Camberg, near Frankfurt, for a vintage VW show. We haven’t even left the airport yet, and our trip is off to a rather interesting start. After hot and dry weather for a couple weeks, a cold front just blew through. And with that front came a storm. With that storm comes delays. So, here we sit at O’Hare waiting for our 6:30 departure, which has now been bumped back to 7:45.

We got a bit of a kick out of the “engine change kit” that drove up at one point.


Keeping me company as I waited was a family from Colorado. They had two little boys, 6 and 4, named David and Danny. They were very interested in what I was working on here, and found great enjoyment in telling me all kinds of things about going fishing and more.


Hopefully, we’ll be taking off here soon – and I’ll crash for the night as we’ll get in early in the morning for a full day.

No comments: